Monday, January 03, 2005

Sock it to me

My three year old son is obsessed with the song Respect by Aretha Franklin.

So much, that when he gets his hankering to sing it and listen to it, I have to put the CD player on repeat. And I hear it... over and over and over.

He is now in the kitchen, singing it to my 3 month old.
The baby is staring at him, and is in disgust. I think, it's because he is a little old soul, and that 1967 was a very bad year for him.'

But big brother don't care.

"R-E-F-P-P P!... Ohhhhhhhhh YOU KISSES is so sweeeee-ter than me honeys!"

And why, at the end of the song, is Aretha talking about "you're ruining our food... and I ain't lyin'!"

Godamn Aretha... is food that important to you that you gotta sing about it in a song about respect?

Sock it to me. Sock it to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home