Monday, May 09, 2005

bleeding insides

I have been sick. I don't know exactly what is going on, but I have a feeling I know what is going on. My own self diagnosis and research has led me to believe I am suffering from a bleeding ulcer.

I will leave the gross details out of this post, because as it is I share too much about myself that is gross. So I will leave all the grossness that is inside my insides, to be left to your imaginations.

Does anyone that reads me have any holistic approaches to this? I have a dear friend in NY that I am going to call this week and ask her what she thinks, being that she believes in the power of herbs and such. But if any of you have an idea, they would be grately appreciated.

My husband had a vacation day today. Instead of enjoying the beautiful 80 degree weather, I sat indoors and whined and cried about how I thought I was dying. He wanted to take me in to the hospital, or to a gastroenterologist (is this spelling right?) but I refused. You know why? Because for almost a year I have been poked and prodded and stabbed and jabbed and squeezed and mentally analyzed and so on and so on and so on. From doctor's appointments for a high risk pregnancy, to having a high risk delivery, to having problems from my high risk delivery to having to have my blood transfused upon, to having pneumonia, to having double ear infections, to having a mental breakdown.
So, with that said, if I would have gone, to the gastroenterologistististishness (is this spelling right?), I would ended up getting my insides poked and prodded with and I think I would have just exploded into a huge nutball panic. Most likely stabbing and poking and prodding on the doctor himself. And then I would have been on the nightly news in your home towns as "Ohio woman stabs gastroenterologishtishtishtishness and then shoves doctor's tools up his ass... before performing a labotomy on him and painting his walls with his own innards."

And that just wouldn't have been too good now, would it?

5 Comments:

Blogger jamwall said...

hey! i know absolutely zero about herbal medicine. but i did a quick google search http://www.allnatural.net/herbpages/shepherds-purse.shtml

something called shepard's purse came up. apprently used for internal bleeding!

8:04 PM  
Blogger jamwall said...

please don't kill your gastroenterologishtishtishtishnessologist!

those really long titles make them really hard to find *much less spell!*

9:21 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Mari:

Repeat after me: "Mari will go to the doctor. Mari will go to the doctor. Mari is being stupid about this. Mari will go to the doctor. Mari might be bleeding to death inside. This would not be good for Mari. Not good at all."

Hoss

4:01 PM  
Blogger Sparhawk said...

Mary, I believe you have many things to take care of at home not to take care of yourself first. The only way you'll be able to do that is by being well. Don't be scared. I'm the first one to go for holistic medicine, but it is better if you do know what's really wrong first. The you chose a treatment option. I wish you were close to Delaware. I have great Chinese herbalist that actually cured a liver problem I had. The most awful teas you can concoct, but good to the last drop. So, if you are close to a good Chinese herbalist, I would advise you to go a visit him/her. Mine is a she and I consider her one of the best.

Luis

9:42 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and i understand why you don't want to go to the doctor's but i think you should go get it checked out.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home