Thursday, June 02, 2005

Today

I feel bright and full of energy today. Today is going to be a good day.

I felt it this morning as the shining sun and the cool lake breeze flowed. As I passed people's fresh smelling laundry on the lines. As I felt the grass between my toes.

Yep. It would be a good day.

I got a care package from my friend Wendy. She takes care of me. She sends me things for my kids. Things for me. That added the element of love and the feeling of friendship to my day.

My baby is smiling. He is back to his old little happy go lucky self. Another key ingredient to my special day.

I talked to Sis on the phone today, she agreed, what a sunny and beautiful June day it was. Friendship again, added to my day.

My husband called on his lunchbreak, and even though, the kids were in the background creating chaos. It was love and strength- added to my day.

My mommy called, I ate a good ham sandwhich, I ate a popsicle with my three year old son. Good day.

This kind of day is the kind you inhale slowly, smell sweetly, and hope to have the next day, when all hell is usually going on.

Can I bottle a day and save it for another? Can I save the day and put it in a notebook? Can I taste the day and savor small morsels, put the rest back in a pastry box to eat when the days seem glum and gray skied? I don't think I can, but while it lasts, I will enjoy the taste.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maddie said...

I live for days like that. Had one this past Memorial Day. The taste still lingers...

7:30 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Believe it or not, kid, there will be lots of days like that. Trust me. You just have to look for them. And believe in them.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Alisa Valdes said...

Thanks for reminding me that it is the simplest things in life that make us happiest. I'm happy for you, and wishing your baby boy health and happiness too.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home